pa Iximulew

miércoles, 11 de julio de 2007

Post-Pictures

I thought I'd post some picture for those still listening, now that I have my camera cord available.

Antigua
(first one from right outside our door)





this is pretty much your typical Antigua cafe:


(note the volcano on the far left -half covered in a cloud - smoking! This was the day after the 6.7-on-the-richter-scale earthquake)


From the big cross on the hill overlooking Antigua



(that's me)


The view from our room at the house where we lived (Spanish colonial architecture, with a patio in the middle)


Lake Atitlán (on the way to Chichicastenango)


woman in the market at Chichi with a chicken on her lap


Mayan Ceremony
(ajq'ij, or Shaman or "Daykeeper" to the right)



Various tropical birds





When we were going to the beach, we had to cross a river, this is how we crossed it. On these crazy one-car boat things.


The Monterrico beach





Women weaving the day we went on a fieldtrip to Xenacoj. The guy in the hat is my instructor from the first two weeks.



Me and my teacher from the first two weeks (he happened to be wearing traditional dress this day):


My teacher from the second two weeks (you can see her huipil and skirt here)


Goodbye, Guate...
taken from the airport runway, this picture is very much "Guatemala" in my mind


I love how you can see that little hill poking up through the clouds on the left

No hay comentarios:

Datos personales